I wanna share this for those who doesn't know yet the difference between jailbroken and the non-jailbroken Playstation. This applies to all Playstation versions; PS2, PS3, and PS4.
What is Jailbreak? This is question commonly asked by those who are deciding on which to buy, a Jailbroken or a Non-Jailbroken Playstation.
"Jailbreak" term is also used in iPhone or iPad devices, and if you are an iOs user you should already know the meaning of jailbreak. For android it's called "root", if your device is jailbroken or rooted meaning you can install any app or game that are not allowed to be installed before.
Here's the complete list of advantages and disadvantages of jailbreaking your playstation:
1. You can play pirated games with it - This is the best benefit of having a jailbroken Playstation, you can play any game whether it's original or not, you don't need to pay for the expensive original games!
2. You can use cheats and mods - Yeah you can finally use game cheats on a jailbroken PS, you can also install mods to make your games more exciting!
3. Save your games in your hard drive - Jailbroken Playstation enables you to save your games on your hard disk, now you can play your games without inserting the CD. This makes the loading time faster and also protect your CD from scratches that makes them unplayable.
1. The warranty of your Playstation will be voided. - You should remove the jailbreak before bringing your Playstation to the repair center to be able to use the warranty.
2. You can't connect your Playstation online - You can't download and install games through Playstation Store, and you cannot update your games.
3. You can't update your Playstation's firmware. - You'll stick with the version of your console and wait for the latest jailbroken firmware (jailbreak update releases are much delayed).
PS Gaming Community Forum. Discuss techniques and strategies, get the latest news and updates
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Share this Post
- Sponsor PinoyGaming.Org The largest Filipino Gaming Community